Software + Subscription
- The e4jConnect Subscription will require a copy of the software VikBooking and Vik Channel Manager to be installed on your Joomla website. Without the software or without an active subscription for each website using the software mentioned before, the full service cannot be used.
Vik Channel Manager
- The extension Vik Channel Manager is licensed under the GNU General Public License. Before downloading it you will be asked to enter 2 (or more) domains to get access to the Answers Area of e4j - Extensionsforjoomla.com and to ensure the copy of your extension to receive periodically Updates or Patches. The purchase of the extension doesn't imply any recurring payment, it's a one time payment and it should be considered as a "setup fee" to start using the e4jConnect services.
Channels and Services
- In order to start using any of the channels or services of e4jConnect with Vik Channel Manager, a subscription to get an API Key is required. The personal API Key will last until the subscription plan will expire. To renew the API Key and make it last longer it is sufficient to have a subscription plan with a recurring payment or place new orders before the expiration date. Subscription Plans can last 1 Month, 3 Months, 6 Months or 1 Year. All the plans can be set as recurring so that they will be renewed automatically via PayPal. It is not possible to pause or stop an active subscription plan to make it last longer.
- The e4jConnect App for mobile devices is free to download from the respective market-places of each operating system supported (Google Play for Android devices and App Store for iOS devices). The App requires an active e4jConnect API Key, for any channel, at least for one, in order to create accounts and use it. It comes with a set of functions available for any active e4jConnect subscriptions ("Getter" functions). However, the App also supports some functions that are only available to those that have subscribed for the "Mobile App Service" ("Setter" functions). These "Pro" features are only enabled to those that have subscribed for the "Mobile App Service" and will be enabled to these users as long as the "Mobile App Service" subscription is active and not expired. Most of the "Pro" features permit to create/modify data onto Vik Booking and Vik Channel Manager and they are subjected to ACL permissions for the various App Accounts that can be managed through the channel "Mobile App" in Vik Channel Manager. e4jConnect is not responsible of any loss of data caused by stolen accounts or credentials. It is your responsibility to adopt security measures to protect your devices and accounts, by periodically changing the passwords and by signing out from the App while leaving the devices unattended.
Secure Data Transmission
- The e4jConnect Servers (Master and Slaves) support and use the protocols SSLv3 (as fallback) and new TLS (as primary). Sensitive data is transmitted by using a two-way symmetric encryption method with a secret key of 32 bytes (256 bits). Data transmission is made according to the PCI Council Data Security Standards, therefore an SSL certificate is required for all the Hotel clients using the e4jConnect service with channels returning data that must be protected. After June 1st 2016, all the clients not supporting new TLSv1.1/1.2, will no longer be able to access or use our service. The booking engine "Vik Booking" and the channel manager "Vik Channel Manager" are declared as "server-side software" that handle, upon transmission, sensitive data in a PCI-compliant way: any modification to the source code and/or database structure of that software, will make your Hotel responsible of the sensitive data protection, not e4jConnect.
By subscribing to the e4jConnect service you agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of the software and service.
Vik Channel Manager
- e4j Extensionsforjoomla.com and e4jConnect software solutions are available for purchase as fully-functional product, on try-before-buy (on our servers) terms. We provide demo websites (front-end and back-end) to let you evaluate our products before purchasing. All the features of the item purchased are described in its details pages, most of the times in a demo website (front-end and back-end).
You can count on our pre-sale support, the Answers Area and live demo websites to make sure the software meets your needs before purchasing a license.
After purchasing an e4j Extensionsforjoomla.com software, you will receive a download link via eMail and no refunds will be available unless the item purchased is different from its description or demo website. All the refund requests are to be considered individually depending on the type of software purchased and if you are not familiar with the Joomla CMS you cannot ask to be refunded because you are not able to get the same result as the demo website. Refund requests are not accepted if you thought a feature was available in the extension but it actually isn't available or works differently. The support team is always available to clarify any doubt before committing the purchase. Updates are very frequent and we always collect information from our clients to make sure that all the features you need are available. Refund requests are to be considered within 15 days after the purchase date only.
By placing an order to e4j - Extensionsforjoomla.com or e4jConnect.com, you are supposed to have read this refund policy, agreed with and fully accepted the terms of this refund policy.
TripAdvisor - TripConnect
- Channels and Services solutions are available for purchase as fully-functional product, on certification-guaranteed terms. Your IBE (Vik Booking) and Channel Manager (Vik Channel Manager) software will be connected to our centralized API Server so this implies connectivity functions. e4jConnect guarantees a 99% services uptime, however there can be connectivity issues between your server and the centralized server of e4jConnect. Refund requests are accepted in case the e4jConnect server has downtime issues and we can consider the possibility of a partial refund depending on how long the downtime was. If the connectivity issues are caused by your own server then no refund requests will be accepted. We provide connectivity test-tools and you will be informed in case your server has downtime or connectivity issues.
Airbnb, Wimdu, Flipkey, Holiday Lettings
- iCal Channels supports only the synchronization of the bookings. Rates, Restrictions and Inventory are not supported. The e4jConnect Server will periodically fetch the bookings from your website and will notify the Portal every time they request an Update for the new bookings. The new bookings received on the Portals will be downloaded by the e4jConnect Server and the data will be transmitted to your Channel Manager that will store the bookings in VikBooking to update the availability. Any issue with the iCal Synchronization on the Portals end is not to be considered as an issue on our end. The Synchronization of the bookings with the iCal Channels cannot be in "real time" because they download the new bookings periodically and the interval is not configurable by end-users, it's something defined by the Portals themselves. Any overbooking issues caused by a delay of the Portal for downloading the new bookings cannot be attributed to e4jConnect.
Refund requests are accepted within 15 days for reasons that will have to be considered as "valid" by our staff manager. After 15 days from the channel purchase date, refund requests will no longer be accepted.
Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda
- All the channels supporting real-time connections via API, require a special activation that should be made by the property owner/manager. In order to enable the connection with e4jConnect, the property owner will have to select our company as channel manager provider. Refund requests are no longer accepted after the connection request will be sent to our company, due to our automated process to enable dedicated Domain Names Servers for the data transmission from and towards your website. Once the connection request has been sent, the service will be active until the end of the subscription and no refunds will be offered for these types of channels. Once the subscription will be expired, the service will terminate and no more payments will be requested unless you decide to renew the subscription on your own.
e4jConnect Mobile App Service and API Framework
- The e4jConnect App for mobile devices is a hybrid application built by using open source software. Although the App is hybrid, it uses native plugins for every operating system supported (Android and iOS). Such plugins may not be fully compatible or stable with certain versions of the device operating system. Whenever problems occur and are related to third party software, e4jConnect is not responsible of these issues and fixes will be provided as long as the original plugin will be updated and fixed. The App supports Push Notifications to transmit data (non-sensible) and information to the various devices and this service is made available thanks to the dedicated cloud-messaging platforms used by Google (FCM) and Apple (APNS). e4jConnect is not responsible of any downtime or down-service for the Push Notifications if the problems occur on the relative cloud-messaging platforms of the providers. Refund requests for using the Mobile App Service or the API Framework are no longer accepted after 7 days from the activation of the service. Any refund request made within 7 days from the activation of the service will be analyzed by our staff manager that can reject the request, offer a partial refund (based on the circumstances) or offer a full refund.
e4j - Extensionsforjoomla.com
via delle Cantine, 27 - 50041 Calenzano, Florence - Italy
VAT Number: IT02196010975
T. +390550691489 - M. +393711271611